The tumor (pt. 2)

If you missed part one of me finding out about when I had a tumor (the size of an egg) in my nose then check it out HERE

My family and I waited for a surgery date/time in Dallas when I received a phone call from my doctor. He finally had good news. Apparently there was a centimeter (or two…) between the tumor and my brain. He decided to keep me in Amarillo to operate on me and have a doctor on stand-by in case something major happened. My surgery was scheduled for “tomorrow morning.”

The next morning my parents took me in for surgery. Josh and his family met us up there and stayed in the room while we were waiting. I remember the doctor coming in and meeting with us. He informed us all of how dangerous the surgery would be and what all it would entail. They would be cutting through my eye socket, behind my ear, through my throat and pulling pieces of the tumor out from each area. It would take several hours and someone needed to stay in the room at all times. I remember my dad praying and I remember telling the doctor that I was in the Great Physician’s hands. He said he “sure hoped so.” I said my good-byes to my family and the guys in scrubs rolled me down the hall.

My boyfriend watched as they rolled me away – and unknown to me at the time, that’s when he realized he had fallen in love with me.


I don’t remember much after that. I only remember the doctor asking me how many boyfriends I had before he stuck me with a needle and I was out. Then it happened.

The tumor just fell out of my nose.

He had no explanation of how this thing just fell out. He asked “do you know how many doctor visits before this surgery where I tugged on that thing and it wouldn’t budge?” He went on to say it was connected with a BONE and even had a blood supply. In all of his years of practicing, he had never seen anything like this before.

I had an explanation: From the day I found out about the tumor I had been praying for the thing to just fall out. I waited. And waited. And waited. It never fell out and I began to wonder why – I had the faith, I just knew it was going to fall out….but if “never did” – but then I realized: I was just expecting it to fall out on my time, at my apartment or something – I believe God used this miracle, not for myself necessarily, but for that doctor. That’s why the tumor didn’t fall out on my time, when I thought that it should.

Now the tumor is out; however, I’m 21 years old and living on my own with a mediocre job. I pay all of my own bills and had zero insurance. Overnight I had $10,000.00 worth of medical debt that I was now responsible for.

**Come back soon to read how the debt disappeared almost as fast as the tumor!

6 thoughts on “The tumor (pt. 2)

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s